Sunday, September 25, 2011

Grilled 'Extra Hot' Potatoes

Background

My husband does not enjoy a potato lest it is deep fried and sprinkled generously with salt.  This sometimes causes a problem because, if my weight-maintenance goals would allow, I would eat potatoes every day at every meal.  Potatoes are also a fairly easy starch to toss on the grill.  Tonight, we were already grilling corn and beef, so I decided to attempt a version of roasted potatoes my husband would like.  In that pursuit, I turned to Gates Extra Hot BBQ sauce, one of our favorite Kansas City sauces.


Ingredients

1.5 lbs. baking potatoes (I used small creamers), cubed, ~1" pieces
1/2 medium-large onion, cut in large pieces
1/2 C. Gates Extra Hot BBQ sauce
1/8 C. olive oil

Parboiled potatoes, onion, and sauce


Directions

Parboil potatoes until just tender, 7-10 minutes.  Drain potatoes and place in large mixing bowl with onion, BBQ sauce, and olive oil.  Toss/stir to coat evenly.  Pour mixture into a foil packet and place over coals on grill grate.  Grill 10 minutes on one side.  Flip the packet over and rotate.  Grill another 10 minutes.
Potatoes in foil packet fresh from the grill

No comments:

Post a Comment